Rehab at Home
Do you want to head home instead of staying in hospital for your rehabilitation? With your doctor’s approval, you can return home from hospital sooner or have treatment at home in place of a hospital admission. You’ll receive the kind of support you would receive in hospital, while in the comfort of your own home. This program is coordinated by Westfund’s partner - an experienced provider of home and community based care.
What is it?
For eligible members and with your doctor’s approval, we can coordinate services such as nursing care, physiotherapy, occupational therapy and personal care getting you back into familiar surroundings and on the road to independence sooner.
Who’s it for?
Westfund Gold or Silver Plus Assure Tier members, who have a need for rehabilitation as a direct continuation of post-surgical treatment, may be able to take advantage of this program. All you need to do is check your eligibility.
Rehabilitation at Home is available to active, up to date Westfund members who have held Gold or Silver tier Hospital or any Overseas cover for at least two months. Members can only be enrolled in one Hospital-Substitute Treatment program offered by Westfund at a time.
Members must also meet the following criteria:
- Be otherwise required to stay in hospital for their treatment.
- Be clinically stable and have approval from the hospital care team.
- Be in hospital at the time of referral.
- Have appropriate supports in the home e.g. carer or other support.
- Live in a suitable environment with access to a telephone.
- Be suitable for Rehabilitation at Home services e.g. able to follow instructions, safe at home.
- Agree to be in a Rehabilitation at Home program.
- Must not have received inpatient rehab already as part of the current hospital admission.
Please note additional clinical criteria may apply. Full program eligibility is determined by the program provider. Programs are dependent on provider availability.
Taking the first step
Read through the program eligibility criteria above.
Checking your Westfund eligibility
Our friendly team are on hand to discuss your eligibility for your chosen program. Simply call 1300 937 838 or send us an email.
Our Health and Wellbeing Team
We will organise for our program partners to contact you and confirm clinical eligibility and next steps.
Currently receiving treatment in hospital?
If you’re planning on continuing your care using the program, it’s essential to get a referral from your doctor AND have our partners complete the registration process before you leave hospital. If you have been discharged, you’re no longer eligible.