Health insurance for families
We know that no two families are the same. That's why we offer a range of health insurance options designed for established families of all shapes and sizes.
Feel good knowing your family is covered
One family, one price
It doesn't matter if you have 1, 2 or 9 kids — on a Westfund family cover, one price covers everyone.
Under 25? No problems
With our health insurance for families, as long as they don't have a partner they can stay on your policy until they're 25.
Pay no excess for kids
Pay no excess for kids on Gold or Silver tier hospital cover.
Cover for the unexpected
All Westfund Hospital and Extras policies include Ambulance cover.
Ready to join Westfund?
Find your cover or read more about our popular family private health insurance options below.
Cover for what you need.
Families from $49.60 per week*
Mid-level hospital cover that covers a broad range of treatments, including ear, nose and throat and heart and vascular.
Great value family private health insurance for those who don’t need cover for pregnancy and birth.
- Pay no excess for kids. Pay no excess for accidents when admitted to a private hospital.
- Kids stay covered until they're 25.
- Includes Ambulance cover.
Advantage Pro Extras
Families from $28.35 per week^
High-level extras health insurance best suited to families. Provides a higher level of benefits on fundamental services such as optical, dental (including orthodontic), physiotherapy, chiropractic and a range of other therapies. Plus, benefits for extras to help you manage your health, like gym memberships, vitamins, pharmaceuticals, preventative health checks and health aids.
- No annual limit for general dental and $2500 lifetime limit on orthodontic.
- General optical benefit of $250 per person, per calendar year.
- Includes cover for health aids such as devices for sleep apnoea, foot orthotics and more.
* Based on NSW prices, including $750 excess and Base Tier Australian Government Rebate for under 65. Does not include Lifetime Health Cover loading or Age-Based Discount. Prices effective 1 April 2021.
^Based on NSW prices, including Base Tier Australian Government Rebate for under 65. Prices effective 1 April 2021
Switching to Westfund is easy
You can try us for 30 days, if you decide to cancel we’ll refund any premiums paid — as long as no claims are made.
You won’t re-serve waiting periods.
When you transfer to an equivalent or lower level of cover.
We’ll take care of the hard stuff.
We can cancel your old policy for you and handle all the paperwork; all you'll need to do is cancel your direct debit with your previous fund.
And we're easy to use
Easy claiming for the day-to-day.
For extras, easy on-the-spot electronic claiming, or though the Westfund App.
Expert help when you need it.
With call centres across NSW and Queensland, we have local teams ready to answer your questions.