If you have a suggestion or want to make a complaint about:
- the service we provide and how we could improve
- issues relating to your cover or membership
You can write to our customer service officers at:
P.O. Box 235
LITHGOW NSW 2790
OR – Send an e-mail for the attention of ‘Member Services’ firstname.lastname@example.org
OR – Talk to one our Care Centre staff about your suggestion or complaint
OR – Telephone us on: 1300 937 838.
Our commitment in responding to complaints
- Your feedback is always welcome, especially if it helps us improve our service
- We’ll acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 7 days by mail or phone
- We always aim to resolve complaints at the time they are raised; wherever possible
- We will manage your complaint without fear, favour or prejudice toward you, the fund or the person about whom the complaint is lodged
- You will be notified of the outcome by mail, phone or email
Contacting the Commonwealth Ombudsman
We recommend that you contact Westfund to resolve any problems with your health insurance cover. Should you feel that your problem has not been adequately addressed, free independent advice is available from The Commonwealth Ombudsman.
The Commonwealth Ombudsman provides an independent service to help consumers with health insurance problems and enquiries. They can be contacted via
- Health Insurance complaints: 1300 362 072
- Health Insurance advice: 1300 737 299
- Website: www.ombudsman.gov.au
- Online complaint form
- Post: GPO Box 442, Canberra ACT 2601.
Your complaint can be anonymous. But if you want to be kept informed about the outcome of your complaint we will need your membership number or a name and address.
Private Health Insurance Code of Conduct
Westfund is a signatory to the Private Health Insurance Code of Conduct.
The code is designed to help you by providing clear information and transparency in your relationships with health funds.
View the Code of Conduct documents