Westfund Overseas Visitors Insurance
We provide a range of Overseas Visitors Health Cover options for people on working visas in Australia.
Looking for overseas visitors health insurance?
Options to fit your budget, and to fit your needs
Choose from combined hospital and extras cover or hospital only, depending on what you need.
Greater choice of providers
We have agreements with 8 out of 10 private hospitals & day facilities across Australia to minimise out-of-pocket costs for our members.
Known for taking care of our members, with overseas visitors health insurance cover you can be confident we’ll take good care of you.
Cover for what you need.
Singles from $33.80 per week*
Overseas hospital-only health insurance for Australian working visa holders and their families.
- Overseas health insurance cover with no excess, exclusions and restricted benefits on hospital psychiatric services, palliative care, pregnancy and birth and assisted reproductive services.
- Cover for inpatient and outpatient medical services.
Overseas Top Hospital with Extras
Singles from $63.05 per week*
Overseas health insurance for Australian working visa holders and their families. A good level of hospital cover with no excess, exclusions and restricted benefits on hospital psychiatric services. Cover for inpatient and outpatient medical services.
- High level overseas health insurance extras providing a high level of benefits on fundamental services such as optical, dental (including orthodontic), physiotherapy, chiropractic and a range of other therapies. Plus, benefits for extras to help you manage your health, like gym memberships, vitamins, pharmaceuticals, preventative health checks and health aids.
- No annual limits for general dental and $2500 lifetime limit on orthodontics.
- General optical benefit of $250 per person, per calendar year.
- Includes cover for health aids such as devices for sleep apnoea, foot orthotics and more.
Overseas Top Plus Hospital with Extras
Singles from $80.57 per week*
Overseas health insurance for Australian working visa holders and their families. A premium level of hospital cover that includes no excess, exclusions or restrictions and cover for inpatient and outpatient medical services.
- Includes top extras health insurance with generous limits on a range of benefits such as optical, dental, physiotherapy, chiropractic and a range of other therapies. Plus, benefits for extras to help you manage your health, like gym memberships, vitamins, pharmaceuticals, preventative health checks and health aids such as hearing aids, devices for sleep apnoea, foot orthotics and blood glucose monitors.
- No annual limit on general dental.
- A dental top up bonus that allows you to claim back your general and major dental out-of-pocket expenses, up to annual limits.
- Generous optical benefit of $350 per member, per calendar year.
*Based on NSW prices. Prices effective 1 April 2023.
Frequently asked questions.
Does Westfund cover comply with my visa conditions?
All our cover options meet the Department of Home Affairs (DHA) visa conditions 8501 requirements for visa subclass 407, 408, 417, 461, 462, 482, 485 and more.
Learn more visa compliant health cover.
How do I claim my doctor’s bills if I have Overseas Visitors Health Cover?
Claiming your doctor’s bills is easy - just use our online services!
You can make a claim using Members Online or our app:
- If you’re on the go, you can make a quick photo of your receipt and upload it to our app.
- You can also lodge your claim online using Members Online. Sign in or register for Members Online today.
What do I need to do when going into hospital?
We know that going to hospital can be a stressful time.
That's why we have a number of frequently asked questions available that may help.
How do I pay for my Overseas Visitors Health Cover?
You can make a premium payment using one of the following options:
- Direct Debit or Credit Card (Weekly, Fortnightly, Monthly frequency options available)
- Australian bank account (Weekly, Fortnightly, Monthly frequency options available)
Do I need to contact Westfund if my visa changes?
What do I do if I get permanent residence?
If you are granted permanent residence and become eligible for Medicare, it's important you contact Westfund as soon as possible to discuss your cover options.
What if my visa doesn’t have a condition that I need to purchase Overseas Visitors Health Cover?
While it's not a legal obligation, it's definitely a wise move to consider. Health services here can be quite expensive, and you don't want to be stuck with a massive bill if something unexpected happens. With Westfund, you'll find the peace of mind you've been searching for.