Recipe | Chickpea coconut curry
This delicious chickpea coconut curry has a mere eight ingredients, but one thing that it isn’t short on is flavour.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Number of serves: Four
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 250g pumpkin, chopped
- 250g sweet potato, chopped
- 200 g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 x 375ml can light coconut milk
- Heat a large non-stick frypan. Add the garlic, curry powder, onion and capsicum and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add pumpkin, sweet potato, drained chickpeas and coconut milk to the pan. Bring to the boil and simmer until vegetables are tender (~20mins), stirring occasionally. Best served with rice and some fresh green beans or peas on the side.
Nutritional Information (per serve)
|Energy||995 kJ (238 calories)|
Recipe courtesy of Genna Verriest, Accredited Practising Dietitian: daa.asn.au/recipes/chickpea-coconut-curry/
For more recipes, please visit Dietitians Association of Australia Smart Eating for a Healthier You.