Healthy Weight for Life
Is your goal to be a healthier you, to improve your quality of life?
Did you know that a weight loss of 5- 10% can have a big impact on your current and future health risks by improving blood glucose levels, reducing both blood pressure and cholesterol levels, improving lung function and breathlessness and reducing the negative impact of sleep apnoea?
What is it?
A set of three programs, each designed to support you through a relevant condition and tailored to what you need. Follow these links to learn more and self-enrol at your convenience.
Who’s it for?
If you’re a Westfund hospital cover member and have been diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes, Cardiovascular disease or Osteoarthritis, you’ll be able to take part.
Healthy Weight for Life programs are available to active, up to date Westfund members aged over 18 years who have held Hospital cover for at least 12 months. Members can only be enrolled in one weight loss program offered by Westfund at a time and are only eligible for one weight loss program in their lifetime.
Members who have been medically diagnosed with either:
- Type 2 diabetes
- A cardiovascular condition
- X-ray diagnosed osteoarthritis of the knee or hip, which your GP feels could benefit from a weight loss and strengthening program. (Because your symptoms warrant a referral to an orthopaedic surgeon for an investigation or evaluation for a joint replacement, you’re preparing for a replacement, or you’re experiencing problems with an existing replacement).
Members must also:
- Have a body mass index (BMI) greater than 28.
- Be under medical supervision and have approval from a medical practitioner to participate.
- Have no allergies or intolerance to KicStart meal replacements.
- Not pregnant or breastfeeding, or intending to become pregnant during the program.
- Be willing to provide personal and medical data.
- Have regular internet access and a personal email address.
Please note this is not an exhaustive list of the criteria. Full program eligibility is determined by the program provider.
Taking the first step
Read through the program eligibility criteria above.
Checking your Westfund eligibility
Our friendly team are on hand to discuss your eligibility for your chosen program. Simply call 1300 937 838 or send us an email.
Our Health and Wellbeing Team
We will organise for our program partners to contact you and confirm clinical eligibility and next steps.