COVID-19 Member Information
Updates and information about the COVID-19 pandemic and our support measures for members.
How are Westfund responding to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic?
As COVID-19 continues to evolve and impact our lives in unexpected ways, Westfund is focused on helping members manage their health and wellbeing throughout this challenging time. And, we’re continuing to monitor developments across Australia to ensure we’re doing all we can to meet our members' needs today, while preparing for what the future may hold.
What COVID-19 support measures did Westfund have in place for members?
To help relieve some financial pressure, we paused all 1 April 2020 premium increases until 1 October 2020. In addition, we also offered COVID-19 Financial Hardship Suspension to members who were experiencing financial distress.
We launched several initiatives including new Health and Wellbeing Programs, COVID-19 Cover in response to the current situation, so members could continue to access programs and supports to keep them healthy, safe and connected.
For members who preferred to get in touch by phone or online, we expanded our digital support options to help them when and where they needed us.
Our Care Centres in NSW and Queensland closed for a short period of time, but reopened with all government recommended safety procedures in place. Some of the safety procedures we implemented to keep both members and staff safe include:
- Operating as cashless in our Care Centres. This is a permanent change to our Care Centre operations, which will no longer accept cash payments or pay out any cash
- In-house cleaning measures have been increased and all touch points will be sanitised between visitors
- Social distancing measures are in place; we have stickers on the floor to ensure that the 1.5 metre gap can be observed by both staff and visitors
- Clear Perspex screens in service areas to help minimise contact
- Limits on the number of people who can be in the Care Centre at any one time
- Hand sanitiser readily available for both staff and visitors.