How do I claim my doctor’s bills?

Your specialist may require any out-of-pocket costs to be paid prior to the surgery. In most cases, they will send the claim to Westfund and Medicare for the ‘scheduled fee’ portion. This should be advised in your Informed Financial Consent.

Should your specialist not claim on your behalf, you will be required to submit a Medicare two-way claim form to Medicare first and they will send the claim directly to Westfund.

This process applies to all doctors associated with your treatment. Other fees may arise from pathology or radiology services – your specialist will decide if these services are required.