It’s that time of the year to show the most important lady in your life how special she is – Mum!
Mother’s Day is celebrated on the second Sunday of May each year, to show your beautiful Mums just how much they mean to you and the family. The tradition of giving gifts on Mother’s Day can often be tricky for those Mums that have everything they need under one roof but here are some ideas for cheap and easy, at-home Mother’s Day presents that she will be bound to love:
- Handmade gifts are a BIG hit – why not get a bit crafty and put together something that Mum can keep or use for a lifetime. You can always make you own candleholders, vases, cards, or recipe books. Don’t forget it’s the little things that make a world of difference.
- PJ’s – you can go wrong with a pair of pyjamas! The generic PJ gift for Mother’s Day is one that doesn’t seem to get old. Your Mum will be sure to love a new pair of flannelette PJ pants coming on to winter.
- Gift cards – simple and sweet. Your Mum will be happy with anything you get her (remember it’s the thought that counts) and a gift card for her to pick out something she likes will be sure to win her over.
Now that you have a few gift ideas sorted, how are you planning on spending the day with Mum this year? If you’ve got nothing planned here’s a couple of fun ideas to make her day:
- Make a picnic lunch and take her to the local park or a nearby lake. You can’t really beat lunch with a view and some quality family time to go with it. Enjoy the outdoors while showing Mum that she’s appreciated for everything she does.
- Breaky in bed – there isn’t anything better than waking up to breakfast cooked for you. Pancakes and a coffee in bed will be a definite winner for Mum this Sunday to show her that you love her to bits.
- Whip up some delicious mixed berry pancakes from Taste.com that Mum will absolutely love
You don’t have to go to too much effort or spend a heap of money, but it’s nice to show your Mum you care and that she is loved, not only on Mother’s Day but everyday of the year.