Community Grants Program | Frequently Asked Questions
Need a helping hand with your application? We've put together some of the most frequently asked questions we've received about the Community Grants Program from past applicants.
Can't find an answer? Our team are just an email away. Just reach out via [email protected] and we'll be happy to help.
Can my organisation apply for more than one grant?
No - to ensure fairness, we will only accept one application per applicant per round.
Can I apply again if I've previously received a Westfund Community Grant?
Yes, however organisations are only able to receive one grant per calendar year. So, if you received a grant through the first round of the program, you're unable to receive a second grant in the same year. You're welcome to apply in future years on behalf of your organisation. Applications are subject to the same Terms and Conditions and selection criteria.
I'm having trouble with my application - I've put information in but I can't proceed to the next page. Can you help?
We've created the Community Grants Application form to ensure that all organisations have the opportunity to give us as much information as our Grants Committee may need to help guide their decisions. This means that for some questions, we're looking for at least a minimum number of characters in your answer. Please check if you have provided enough information in your answer - if there's not enough information, you won't be able to proceed to the next page. There are also some mandatory fields in the form - if you're having trouble, just check that you've filled out these fields.
Still having problems? Reach out to our team at [email protected] and we'll be happy to help.
I'm not sure if my organisation is the right fit for the program. Where can I read about previous grants to check if I'm on the right track?
I want as much detail about the program while I'm preparing my application. Where can I find all the fine print?
Check out our terms and conditions. Here you'll find all you need to know about the selection criteria, application process, notification process and how grants are paid. There's also lots of information right here online.
Planning your application
We know that applying for grants can stressful, and it can help to know what information you need in advance to complete the application. So, we've compiled the list of questions you can expect to find when completing your application for a Westfund Community Grant. Remember, there are character limits on some questions to help us learn as much as we can about your organisation, so the more information you can provide us with, the better.
- Tell us about yourself - your name, contact details and role within your organisation.
- Tell us about your organisation - your organisation's name and contact details.
- Where are you located?
- Does your organisation have any digital presence? If so, please share the links (website, Facebook, Instagram etc.).
- Tell us about your organisation and the work you do. What do you do? How do you help your community? What’s your mission?
- Which of the community grants pillars does your organisation best align with? Health and Wellbeing, Family and Community or Fit for Life.
- Why does your organisation align with this pillar?
- Are you applying for a grant or defibrillator?
Grant application questions
- Are you applying for funding for a project, program or event?
- What is your organisation's annual revenue?
- What's the name of the project, program or event?
- Please describe your project, program or event - Be as clear and concise as possible – think what, when, where, how and why
- Who will benefit from the project, program or event?
- How will this project, program or event engage the community?
- Thinking specifically of the project, program or event, what will the Westfund Community Grant be used for?
- Is there anything else we should know about your project, program or event?
- Has your organisation previously received funding through the Westfund Community Grants Program? If yes, please provide a summary of your previous grant and what it was used for.
- Does your project have any existing partnerships or sponsors? If yes, please list them and their involvement.
- You also have the opportunity to upload any supporting documentation if necessary.
Defibrillator application questions
- Tell us how a defibrillator would benefit the health and wellbeing of your organisation and community?
- Is there already a defibrillator located near you?
- How far away is this from you approximately?
- What is proposed location of the defibrillator?
- Is anyone in your organisation trained in CPR/AED use? If no, are you willing to organise training if your application is successful?
- Is there anything else we should know about your organisation?
- Has your organisation previously received a defibrillator through the Westfund Community Grants Program?